IM HOME FROM WORLDS! It is so hard to remember to write here during the months of February – April guys. I tried to post a couple, but it was just a crazy, stressful, and wonderful time of the year. Not only was it in the heat of the cheer season but I was doing exams, final assignments, and work. You can imagine the giant stress ball I was walking around.
This past worlds was just so amazing and I wanted to generate a little list of my top 10 moments.
- My team and I had an AMAZING week together. This year’s Great Whites were just so close and the wide range of age differences made it feel like such a true family.
- We practiced with Top Gun Angels who were such a sweet group of girls. They don’t know it, but we were glued to the live feed cheering so loud for them day one and day two!
- I got to watch most of the ICU competition and international cheerleading has become SO amazing. I love seeing a sport I love so much grow internationally.
- We hit our FIRST RUN of the week at Canadian Trials and took home a mini gold globe! It was the best way to start the competition.
- CheerMed came to worlds with sharks and helped us all out by being there for every single ache and pain – huge shout out to you guys!
- We spent time together at Magic Kingdom and got adorable photos
- We had one error the entire weekend and it was our day two routine which put us in second going into finals – this is a highlight because it sparked a FIGHT NIGHT.
- FIGHT NIGHT – we practiced until perfection and got to do so with F5! They were so encouraging of us 🙂
- WARM UPS FELT SO EASY – we really were one unit and I had REAL tears in my eyes walking onto the floor.
- WE WON WORLDS and although it is an amazing accomplishment/feeling, nothing felt better than coming off the floor with such a hard hit.
I love my team and coaches eternally, and I’m so grateful to have had the best week with all of them. Until next time…